Call For Volunteers – Minority Innovation Weekend (MIW) Planning Committee
Minority Innovation Weekend (MIW) is a weekend summit dedicated to aiding innovators of color launch tech-focused startups, exploring emerging technologies, and showcasing tech startups that have a founder or co-founder of color.
MIW’s success is built by volunteers! Please consider volunteering for one of the positions below.
- Conference Coordinator – Organizes committee activities and works to ensure that tasks assigned to committee members are accomplished.
- Grant & Sponsorship Coordinator – Researches, identifies, and applies for sponsorship and grant opportunities for the Minority Innovation Entrepreneurship Program (MIEP) and Minority Innovation Weekend (MIW).
- Startup Community & University Coordinator – Engages local startup community & college / university (science, engineering, technology, mathematics, business, and entrepreneurship departments and professors) to promote and garner support for MIW on local college and university campuses.
- Marketing & Media Coordinator – Develops and manages promotion of MIW. Engages local media to promote MIW and field media inquires.
MIW Track Coordinators
- Startup Fundamentals Track Coordinator – Plans, coordinates, and executes tech startup fundamentals track for MIW.
- Cybersecurity Innovation Track Coordinator – Plans, coordinates, and executes cybersecurity innovation track for MIW.
- Health Innovation Track Coordinator – Plans, coordinates, and executes health innovation track for MIW.
- Environmental Innovation Track Coordinator – Plans, coordinates, and executes environmental innovation track for MIW.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]